You no longer have to send us your Medicare claims on paper. We now accept both Medicare Part A and B claims electronically.
To save time:
- Don’t send us a claim – Medicare pays its share first. In most cases, it then automatically forwards claims information and any remaining balance to us.
- Look for the “MA18” or “N89” codes on your Medicare Explanation of Payment. That means Medicare automatically sent us your claim.
- Check the status with our online Claim Status Inquiry transaction.
- Make a note that Aetna is reviewing your claim:
- Wait 30 days before billing us. Medicare carriers send claims every seven days, and we pay clean claims promptly; or
- Create a paper claim if your system can’t suppress billing, but don’t mail it.
- Follow up with us in 30 days, if needed.
For more information on Medicare crossover claims, visit our Coordination of Benefits (COB) page.
Aetna OfficeLink Updates
Issue Number 3
Comments are closed.